Are you VAT exempt?

If you, or the person who you are purchasing the alarm service for, are chronically sick or disabled, then you do not need to pay VAT and can tick the declaration of VAT relief box.

IndeMe may not be suitable for everyone with a long-term condition. If you’re unsure please ring us or complete the contact form asking for a callback.

You should complete this declaration if you are ‘chronically sick or disabled’ and the goods or services are for your own personal or domestic use. A family member or carer can complete this on your behalf if you wish.

You can find out more from the Helpsheets on the GOV.UK website or by telephoning the VAT Disabled Reliefs Helpline on Telephone: 0300 123 1073. HMRC staff cannot advise whether or not an individual is chronically sick or disabled.

A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he or she is a person:

It does not include an elderly person who is not disabled or chronically sick or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.

If you are unsure, you should seek guidance from your GP or other medical professional.

Please submit completed form to declare your eligibility, we will keep this with our VAT records.

VAT declaration

I declare that I/the person receiving the service, have the following disability or chronic sickness [comment box]

I/the service user will be receiving the IndeMe service, which is being supplied to me for domestic or my personal use and I claim relief from VAT.